Media & Marketing Intern for Creative Small Business
Isobell Designs, is looking to hire a social media intern to help keep up an online presence and encourage new orders.
Information about Isobell Designs:
Isobell Designs is a handcrafted jewelry brand with a modern, minimalist aesthetic. The online business has been rapidly growing since it was founded in 2011. We sell retail on our e-commerce website: isobelldesigns.com
, and in boutiques worldwide.
The Media & Marketing Intern will be responsible for managing and overseeing our advertising, social networking and media needs. The Media & Marketing Intern will work independently as well as with other staff to create engaging and timely materials for our monthly newsletter and Instagram, manage google ads, interviews, press and wholesale inquiries. We are looking for someone who is creative, upbeat, organized, able to multi-task, and has excellent visual, written and verbal communication skillsResponsibilities include:
- Create and oversee content calendar, and work with other staff to create dynamic and timely marketing content via social media while maintaining a consistent brand identity throughout each platform
- Track advertising, purchases, trades, press features and Google analytics
- Oversee and contribute to our social networking presence on Instagram; including creating content, replying to messages and comments, following key participants, etc.
- Field all requests for interviews and disseminate to the appropriate staff, and in some cases reply to interviews
- Generating content for monthly newsletter, sending out wholesale and marketing inquires and reaching out to blogs for features
- Travel to some of the events, contribute to our social networking at the fairs, and assist with set-up, run of, and breakdown of events (Optional)
- Skills and attributes interns are expected to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Be creative with an eye for design
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Multitasking; every day may be different, so must be able to transition between different tasks efficiently
- **Above all else we need an accountable person. A small business needs someone who is consistent and dependable.
Additional skills preferred:
- Understanding of wholesale and retail sales
- A knowledge base of boutique shops and stores that carry handmade goods
- Experience working and/or attending handmade markets, craft fairs, jewelry shows, trade shows, etc.
- Familiarity with Isobell Designs and our products
- Flexibility and cool under pressure
Knowledge and experience in the following applications a huge plus:
- Google Drive
- Adobe Creative Suite
10-15 hours a week. 6 month minimum commitment.
This is a part time job. Compensation is $10-$12/hr, depending on experience.
Interested candidates should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the subject line “Marketing Intern" and includes a .pdf of your resume and cover letter. Submissions without this subject line or alternative formats of resume and cover letter will not be considered.